Sunday, May 6, 2012

PCOS? ENDO? SOMETHING WORSE?

I started this blog to work through some issues I'm having in the health department. It takes my mind off the pain and helps me feel proactive if I am helping others get informed and this is basically just going to be a DROP site for links, recipes, info and resources on help if you are suffering from PCOS.
I should state- I have NOT been diagnosed with PCOS officially but all symptoms point to this and Im about to get my tests done finally. I also possibly have ENDO and am in SEVERE pain which has been a problem for years. I was on prescription birth control to mask the symptoms and help with the pain and it did both of those things for awhile. The pain was nonexistent  on my prescription Lybrel. But the PCOS symptoms were becoming more severe and that is when I decided to stop masking the symptoms and try to find out how to heal myself without drugs or pharmaceuticals. This has been a rollercoaster ride and a mystery for me and I know I'm not alone.
So here we go, tomorrow Im calling the doc to get tests done finally (I know its going to wipe out what little money I have saved but I can't risk this being something more severe like endometrial cancer or something) but today I blog while I lie in bed with twinges of pain that nothing helps.
I am a freelance artist with no insurance and an illness like this just plain sucks.

Links I have found of interest today:

On Supplements and Shrinking Cysts:
http://www.livestrong.com/article/325927-how-to-shrink-fibroids-cysts-naturally/

On eating properly:
http://healwithfood.org/pcos/

On Natural Progesterone (I use ProGest from Emerita):
http://www.ehow.com/how_4601853_shrink-fibroids-natural-progesterone.html

I had great success before when I cleaned up my diet and followed the PCOS friendly menus and took supplements and exercised. So now I am back on that road.
Thanks for reading!



No comments:

Post a Comment